Equality Objectives Statement
Our equality objectives are:
· To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
· To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
· To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that will avoid labelling.
· To narrow the gap between our vulnerable pupils attainment and progress between KS1- KS2.
· To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
· To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
· To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.