School Communication and Home Learning
Wednesday 18th March 2020
As always, we’ll continue to communicate with you in a variety of formats to ensure that all information is accessible by all. This will include text, email, Facebook, our website and via letter, where this is possible.
Please find below some guidance on methods of communication with our key members of staff at Tyndale should this situation lead to a school closure or if you are currently self-isolating.
Contact the school office: 01454867180
Via a Private Message on Facebook:
Telephone: 01454 866000 Monday to Thursday 9.00 – 5.00, 4.30 on Friday
Out of hours and at weekends: 01454 615165
If a child or young person is in immediate danger, then please dial 999 and ask for police assistance.
Communicating with Class Teachers or Support with Home Learning
In the event of a school closure or if you are currently self-isolating, we are using the tool ‘Edmodo’ to ensure that you have access to home learning and support for teaching and learning from your child’s class teacher.
Edmodo is an education platform, which has been designed with a similar interface as Facebook, whereby pupils and parents can access their class ‘newsfeed’ and home learning set by the class teacher. Edmodo will be used for:
- The class teacher to give daily messages to their class.
- Pupils and parents to access home learning (access to all year group’s learning for differentiation purposes).
- For you to contact the class teacher for any enquiries related to home learning via the class news feed or the messenger service embedded in Edmodo.
- For you to report to your child’s class teacher on their home learning progress.
- The class teacher to use to set further home learning as required.
Any other communication that is not related to teaching and learning, needs to go through the platforms listed under school enquires above and not through Edmodo.
How to Access Edmodo – Pupil Accounts
- You will be emailed and texted a unique code for your child’s class Edmodo page.
- Access the Edmodo website at: https://new.edmodo.com/ or alternatively, download the Edmodo App
- Click on, get started as a Student.
- Fill in your child’s first name, last name, the class code emailed/texted to you by us and set your own username and password. You do not need to put an email address.
- You will then be able to see your class’ newsfeed. This is where daily updates will be posted by your child’s class teacher and any relevant information with be given regarding home learning resources.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on ‘Folders’ and this is where you will find access to home learning resources for all year groups.
Please feel free to use any year group’s resources on this platform, particularly if your child is working above or below their age-related expectations. We advise that pupils use this interim home learning period to retain the knowledge they already have, so that teachers can build on their knowledge when they return.
We completely appreciate that not all households have access to a printer. We advise keeping a notepad/notebook for your child’s home learning to be written in so that they don’t require a printer to access our resources. We have many spare exercise books in the office, feel free to pop in and collect one of these if you require.
How to Access Edmodo – Parent Accounts (AFTER PUPIL ACCOUNT IS SET UP)
For any other Edmodo Support please access the Edmodo Help Centre:
If we are informed to close the school, then you will be informed of this via text, email, our website and the local authority school status page, which can be found at:
Please regularly access the following website for up to date information, guidance and recommendations about how to keep yourselves and your families safe and healthy. Please ensure school is informed of any absences. If we can support in any way, please let us know.
Mrs K Borrill