Learn an Instrument
Through our partnership with the local music hub, we are able to offer children the opportunity to learn to play an instrument through small group or individual instrumental lessons.
In addition to our Music Curriculum, we support all children to learn a range of instruments from years three to six. We offer four programmes (free of charge) of instrumental learning through whole class ensemble teaching. The programmes offer children the opportunity to learn an instrument from four different instrument families.
- Year 3 - Strings: violin, viola, cello and ukulele
- Year 4 - Woodwind: clarinet, Jsax, recorder, fife and flute
- Year 5 - Brass: cornet, trumpet, trombone and french horn
- Year 6 - Drumming: samba and djembe
Children are able to hire (free of charge) an instrument of their choice from years three to six.
In addition, we offer instrumental (individual and group) lessons to children. To learn an instrument in a small group or individually, please click here.
Follow the link, select 'Tyndale Primary' in the green box and choose search. In the search results box, select lessons. Choose the instrument you would like your child to learn, then select whether you would like your child to learn in a small group or individually.
Add instrument hire if you require your child to have an instrument to practise on (this is free of charge). Please speak with the office if your child receives Pupil Premium for a reduction in cost for instrumental lessons.
We offer instrumental lessons on the following instruments:
- Clarinet - (starting from Year 4)
- Flute - (starting from Year 3)
- Jsax (for children to start with before moving to saxophone) - (starting from Year 3)
- Saxophone - (starting from Year 4)
- Trumpet - (starting from Year 3)
- Guitar (acoustic) - (starting from Year 3)
- Guitar (electric) - (starting from Year 3)
- Viola - (starting from Year 3)
- Violin - (starting from Year 1)